Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Garden

I love vegetable gardens!  There is just something so amazing to me about growing your own food.  Now, with that being said, growing a garden in HOT, DRY west Texas is not an easy thing to accomplish.  I have tried all but one year since we've lived out here.  And every year has been a FAIL.  This year, I have tried extra hard.  I actually had to re-plant THREE times.  It's growing great now (most everything is still a baby, though), and I just got to pick my first vegetable this week (at the end of July, no less!).  A zucchini!  We were (ok, I was!) super excited!!  I got two more zucchini a couple days later.  :)  So, now I want to share pics of my beloved garden!!  It's not much, but to me, it's great!  I'm happy to have gotten this far this year!! 

As you can see, all but my zucchini plants are still babies!


 It's about to be picked!  =)


My one and only watermelon...so far!  I do hope that we will get a lot more!



My boy!  Just as excited as his mom about our first harvest!  Lol!  He wanted to be the one to pick it. 



So the one on the top is the one that grew in our garden, and the one on the bottom is a store bought one. 



My boy again!  Helping me cook up our zucchini!!





1 comment:

  1. That zucchini is huge! My garden was a flop again. Great job.

    ReplyDelete