Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy 15th Birthday J!

My boy turned 15 yesterday!!  That's crazy!!  I mean, wasn't he just a little baby in my arms a couple years ago...it couldn't have possibly been 15 years already!  =)  I feel like I have only blinked, and suddenly he is this young man with whom we only get a few more short years with, until he is on his own. 

I am proud of him and the young man he is becoming.  Some things haven't always been easy for him, but he has worked hard to overcome them; and just like everyone else, he is still working on some things. That's life though, and part of growing up.  And that is what my baby boy is doing; he's growing up.   

He is a hard worker, and he loves to help others.  He's goofy, and creative, and funny, as well as, strong willed.  He loves to play basketball and video games. He loves Selena Gomez and can't stand Justin Beiber!   He doesn't like school much, but he loves to read. He loves cars and movies and he'd rather stay up all night and sleep all day.  He is my oldest son, and I love him more than he will EVER know!   



We also had a party for him yesterday.  We went with a candy theme, since the boy LOVES him some candy!  (Can I just say how HARD it is to find teenage-boy-worthy party and game ideas!!)  And, I'm pretty sure I got some cool mom points on the cake!!  Everyone loved it!!  =)



It was a fun and easy cake to make!!

I also got to feed my Pinterest addiction with a few new recipes I made (that I of course, got from there)!!


 
 
Once we all finished stuffing our faces, they played some games!  Did I mention how hard it was to find teenage-boy-worthy games yet?  But luckily, I found a great site (finally), that helped me in that department.  (Go to my Pinterest page if you'd like it, cause I'm too lazy to go find it myself right now!!)
 
A few games played, were:
1. Who's the best sucker-  They had to see who could drink all their juice from a baby bottle the fastest. 
2. Truth or Dare Balloons- I printed up a bunch of truth or dares on slips of paper.  Then put them inside some balloons.  They had to bop them in the air and if the balloon hit the floor they had to pop it and perform the truth or dare inside!  They really seemed to like that one!  (I promise, they were all good, clean truth and dares!!)  A few of the truth or dares were: Kiss the bottom of your bare foot, Eat a spoon full of mustard,what's your biggest fear, pretend you are asleep and having a nightmare, stick your finger in your ear then pull it out and lick it, what is a feature that you'd like to change about yourself, and more!! 
Garrett had to kiss his foot and stick his finger in his ear and lick it!!  LOL!
Daniel had to eat a spoon full of mustard!
3. A gummy bear pie eating contest!  The pics explain it all on that one!




All in all, I think it was a great day!! 
 
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm trying to see how many people I can get to comment on a post, so if you want, you can check out my blog @...
    http://typicalmelancholy.blogspot.com/
    ...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete