Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Children are a Blessing!

As my first "real" post to my blog, I just wanted to share a little bit of my heart. I probably won't be very good at this, and it probably won't be very long, but I will give it my best shot! I hope that it will bless and encourage someone.

Children are a blessing! I'll say it again...Children ARE a blessing!

Psalm 127:3-5 says: Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born of one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.

I often forget that my children are a blessing from God...a reward from him. I'm ashamed and saddened to admit that. But thankfully, God gives me mercy and grace. My heart is to learn through His grace, and to try and always remember that they are my blessings. My special "gifts" from Him! Yep...that's right, gifts! He hand picked them for me...ME! He thinks that I am the best mother for them. Really? Me? I often feel that He could have done much better than me, but God doesn't make mistakes! Ever!

God wants me to love them, and care for them, protect, and nurture them, and to train them up in righteousness. It's not always easy to do these things! But, as their mom, I need to strive for doing this as best as I can. All the while knowing, that I have a huge responsibility to fill taking care of these special blessings!

So, what about you? Do you think of your children as "gifts" or blessings? Did it ever occur to you that God himself hand picked your children for you? That you are the best mom for them. I don't know about you, but that is incredibly humbling to me! I think that if us moms can fully embrace the fact that our children are blessings, and treat them as such (not just nod the head and agree), but live it out daily in our lives, we will see even more blessings in our home. Our children should see and feel that they are a blessing.

Most children know their mom loves them, but do they know they are a blessing?

No comments:

Post a Comment